Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Iconia W3 query re: space on hard drive.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 garrynolan

garrynolan

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

Hi, I'm new to this tablet biz (bought the above as a Christmas present. It has been set up and the (apparently not unusual) charging issue has been resolved. My question is this... when I checked the memory it says I have 8.02GB available from 28-odd GB - it's the 32GB model so can someone tell me why so little memory is available? I haven't transferred any files/photos or anything else yet. Thanks very much. Garry.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ben79k

ben79k

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

Windows 8 itself is large and is using up this space. Since its the full version of 8 and not RT, there are a few tweaks you could make (if willing) to salvage some space. Just google search for how to reduce the size of windows 8. Things like disabling hibernation, and reducing pagefile. An easier solution may be to just buy a micro sd card

Main Rig: FX4100@4.2Ghz, 16GB DDR3 1866, ASUS M5A99X EVO, 2x Radeon 6870, 128GB Vertex4 SSD, 1TB HDD, Thermaltake Chaser MK-2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users