Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer takes 2 tries to switch on.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kubassek

kubassek

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hiya guys. i built my computer a year ago and now it has problems lunching. When i try to turn it on the first time the screen doesnt switch on and the red light next to power supply goes red. Sometime it get past that stage and the red light next to the hard drive switches on. The only way to solve this is to switch it off and on again which fixes all problems. It doesnt do it every time and sometimes stoppes for a week and starts again. Today it got worse and took more goes to switch on so im taking some action before it fully crashes. My question is- is my power supply failing/too weak or is it a faulty hard drive. (not a software problem as a format didnt fix it.) Here are my specs:

MOBO: p8z77-v

CPU: intel i5 3470 oc to 4 GHz

GPU: nvidia ge force 660ti oc edition from assus 

PSU: XFX Pro 650W Core Edition PSU - Single Rail 9x SATA 4x PCI-E

Hard Drive:  Seagate 1TB Barracuda 3.5" SATA-III Hard Drive - 7200RPM 64MB Cache

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

My first thought is power supply failing to get to enough power fast enough and it is going into failsafe.

That supply should be big enough, so it sounds like a problem with it.

#3 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

A simple solution to try is resetting the bios by removing the cmos battery and reseating.

You may have a jumper pin that needs to be pulled along with the battery. Wait 30 seconds to a minute after pulling them and reseat them.

See if that fixes the problem.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users