Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quicktime And Itunes Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 carnivalofsorts

carnivalofsorts

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:06 PM

Hi guys,

Recently i got an error while trying to open quicktime .. error 2095 .... and it suggested that i make sure quicktime was properly installed.
I tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but to no avail.
I've now noticed that my iTunes isnt working properly either.
I've seen various posts about the net about this issue, but to be honest, when it comes to changing anything on my laptop, im very picky about where i get my advice from.
One suggestion was that i uninstall quicktime and then remove any reference to it in the registry.
I've had a look at the registry using the registry editor in TuneUp Utilities and the search for " quick time " returnes over 1300 values ... am i to understand i need to delete every one of these ?! Seems a rather excessive and laborious task.

Has anyone come across a fix for this before, or even a work-around.

As always, your help is very much appreciated.
If there really was a god, then why is my ass the perfect height for kicking ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 06 May 2006 - 07:28 AM

Hi carnivalofsorts.
If you still have QT installed, uninstall it via safe mode.
Download and install the "Standalone" version of QT from here. instead.
Seems to cure the error 2095 and iTunes issues from what I've been reading in some apple forums.
Worth a shot anyways. :thumbsup:

#3 carnivalofsorts

carnivalofsorts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:43 AM

Hey HitSquad,

Many Thanks for that ... i didnt realise there was a stand alone download for Quick Time.
It took a couple of attempts, there was some errors with unregistering dll files etc, but on the second run, it worked like a charm.

Very much appreciated.
If there really was a god, then why is my ass the perfect height for kicking ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users