Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

home page

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:54 AM

Well heres something i have not figured out yet on one PC i have a little house that click on to go back to my home page,but another PC there is no little house to click on to return back to home page any thoughts about this would be appreciated,thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MattUK

MattUK

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:36 AM

Hi LOVEMYPC,

Do you know which browser you are using? Is it Internet Explorer or Firefox, for example?

We can help more once we know :bananas:

Matt

#3 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:14 AM

I am on my PC right now and i have the house on Firefox and on I.E. i have the little house for home page,but on my other PC the little house for Firefox is

gone but is there for I.E.,THANK YOU.

#4 MattUK

MattUK

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

Brilliant, thanks for the info!

What you need to do is:

• Right-click on the area where the address bar and other icons are
  • Select 'Customize' from the menu that appears
  • Find the icon for the home page and drag it to where you want it to be
  • Click 'Done'

Let me know if it works! :clapping:

#5 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:06 AM

HI, MattUK,Well it almost worked,i right clicked as suggested,it showed the little house as home page,it also brought up pop up showing icons but the one wanted to see was not there,but when the pop up was on screen the little house showed up,i removed pop up the little house disappeared taken over by

another tool bar.

This is really hard to explain what is happening on this PC, i hope the following is not too far a field but i thought i read somewhere that some of the youtube

videos can have  nasty little things buried inside the video have you heard about this or is it a myth,thanks

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:07 AM

Youtube is a clean site. Where do people hear paranoid nonsense like that? If that was true, everyone would know it and no one would go to Youtube.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:01 AM

i hope the following is not too far a field but i thought i read somewhere that some of the youtube

videos can have  nasty little things buried inside the video have you heard about this or is it a myth,thanks

I've not heard or experienced such regarding the youtube website...I think that you may be mentally cross-referencing general info regarding torrent sites and other illegal/unauthorized download site...with youtube.com.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 14 December 2013 - 08:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users