Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I get this blue screen error When I try to boot into windows.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 r.hamil

r.hamil

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

I have a winxp sp2.

I recently got  my xp working awhile back but  I have different problem now.  The last time I booted into windows  is  when n I got the fake "FBI virus" ransomware and it locked up my pc. But then when i  decided to restart my computer, I now get the blue screen error that reads something like "windows has detected a problem and had to shut down to prevent further  damage" or something like that.

I definitely had alot of viruses and  spyware  on this computer that  I never cleaned since I repaired my xp boot in a previous post.

I really think it was  a virus, in particular the fbi one, and I want advice on how to remove by burning cd on another computer using a special anti-virus program or something.

And for whatever reason, I was advised not to use AVG scan and I don't understand why?

I  heard there was something called  "Emsisoft Emergency KIt. Does anyone know if it will work and is it hard to configure.

THANKS!!! :)

Edited by hamluis, 13 December 2013 - 07:03 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:55 AM

There is a long process that will remove the malware from your system (assuming you have multiple infections), and it can be done. If you have no essential data on your machine you may just choose to reformat/reinstall windows at this stage...(it will probably be quicker and surer, and there are many helpful souls on here that can guide you through the process)

I will request your post forwarded to the "am I infected" forum, where the more malware experienced guys can give you a greater understanding of what is required.

Good luck.

#3 r.hamil

r.hamil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:43 AM

By the way, I forgot to mention I don't have an XP CD. This computer was  bought with windows pre-installed.

Edited by r.hamil, 13 December 2013 - 05:43 AM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,924 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

Hello please try this first .It contains the Emisoft process.

Automated Removal Instructions for Urausy Trojan using the Emsisoft Emergency Kit:

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 r.hamil

r.hamil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:30 AM

I can't even access "Safe Mode with Command Prompt." It just loads a bunch of drivers and pauses for about 3 secs and then retsarts.

When I run windows in "Normal Mode" it shows the windows loading screen and shows the blue screen then restarts.

I was hoping to run a scanner directly from a CD or USB.

Edited by r.hamil, 14 December 2013 - 01:31 AM.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,924 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

Ok I will get someone that handles these boot situations to look here.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 r.hamil

r.hamil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:12 AM

I thought I'd reply by saying I just used "AVG Rescue CD" scanned my xp computer and found about 33 trojans that I renamed for future purposes.

I also wanted to tell you that I still can't boot into win xp despite using avg rescue to get rid of that dreadful fbi ransomware virus that locks up my computer.

So I can safely assume and say this not virus problem but a software problem or even a hardrive problem that I would love help on.

By the way, it seems "AVG Rescue" is a useful tool and I don't know why someone advised me against it.

And I also wanted to know what programs I can use to check and fix disk errors booting from cd or a usb drive if that's possible.

THANKS!!!

Edited by r.hamil, 18 December 2013 - 07:14 AM.

#8 Twitterfollower

Twitterfollower

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

Video with step by step instructions to remove FBI Virus

#9 r.hamil

r.hamil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:17 AM

Video with step by step instructions to remove FBI Virus

I already got rid of that virus or atleast renamed it.

#10 r.hamil

r.hamil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

I like to say that I got my computer up and running again. It turns out I had a Gateway recovery cd from a friend and I didn't even realize I had it. Yeah... crazy right! Anyways, I got my pc up and running again and I guess this will be another happy ending to 2013.

I guess you could essentialy delete these topics it doesn't seem to get anywhere but that's fot the administrators decide.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517854/unable-to-run-chkdsk-on-unbootable-xp/#entry3236641

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517328/i-get-this-blue-screen-error-when-i-try-to-boot-into-windows/#entry3231944

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478819/getting-bluescreen-while-loading-windows/#entry2924259

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478608/i-get-bsod-when-computer-restarts/#entry2922526

Anyways, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Edited by r.hamil, 23 December 2013 - 08:45 AM.

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,924 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

Thanks for the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users