Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS Office Word has stopped working - USB drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sray562004

sray562004

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

I am using MS Office 2007. When I save a document to the laptop hard drive, I don't have a problem. If I try to save it to a USB drive using a Save As, I get the error message, "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working". Then the program shuts down. I have tried using the diagnostics that is packaged with Office but it comes back without any errors. I am up to date with Office updates. Other laptops running the same program don't have any issues. Are there any recommendations for me to try?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wing987

wing987

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

Is the USB drive under a different format?  Simply put, does the OS look for NTFS and find EX4 or something of that nature?  Remember, MAC, Linux, and Windows all use different formats. In fact Linux uses more than one in itself.

-- Windows 7 Ultimate on custom built system, Windows 10 on under powered laptop. Sophos UTM 9, Ubuntu Server and Windows Server 2008 R2. HyperV Virtualization --

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality," John F. Kennedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users