Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Shutting Down Automatically

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 k_tec12

k_tec12

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

I have windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation running on my computer. The evaluation came and expired, and ever since

my computer would just shut down automatically after about one hour. Is there anything that can be done to prevent

this automatic shutting down that keep on occurring...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

This is the normal response when the evaluation period expires.  Uninstall the program if you don't intend on purchasing it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 ChelseaWoolf

ChelseaWoolf

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

Check your cpu and reseat it, make sure its sits in perfectly and try again.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:30 PM

Check your cpu and reseat it, make sure its sits in perfectly and try again.

The reason k_tec12 is having a problem is because their version of the Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation has expired.  As a result of this the computer will shut down every hour.  This is designed to do this, it's normal and can be corrected by uninstalling the program.

The following is an excerpt from Microsoft's TechNet Evaulation Center.

Q: When does the Windows 8 Enterprise 90-day evaluation expire?

A: The Windows 8 Enterprise 90-day evaluation is valid for 90 days after activation. Once the evaluation period expires, your computer will shut down every hour.

Edited by dc3, 14 December 2013 - 01:31 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users