Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wuapp.exe - Bad Image error message

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kafka3722

Kafka3722

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

I have a new error message on my system that started about a month ago.  Each time I run Windows Update, I get this message in an error window:

wuapp.exe - Bad Image.  The text box in the error window says "C:\PROGR~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE14\Cultures\office.odf is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.  Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact you system administrator or the software vendor for support.

Once I dismiss the error message with the OK button, I get the exact same error box a second time.  Once I dismiss that one, Windows Update starts normally and seems to work as designed. 

The PC exhibits no other bad behavior. The system is protected with Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 and repeated virus scans with that product have detected no issues.  Similarly, a quick scan with Malwarebytes detected no issues.

Anyone have an idea how to diagnose and fix this problem? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,752 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

I would uninstall Office...then reinstall it.  May just be a damaged file, may be several...may be something else, but my SOP for any problem with Office is to uninstall/reinstall.

Louis

#3 Kafka3722

Kafka3722
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

Instead of reinstalling, I ran a "Repair" using the original media.  That seems to have done the trick.  Thanks. 

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,752 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

Nice work...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users