Hi! I'm new here, but I joined for the only purpose of trying to get help for my misbehaving Macbook Pro. Here is what is happening:
- I can't access a few popular sites in particular, (notably: youtube, wikipedia, and firefox support site) and I stumble upon other sites I can't access every day. What happens is that it takes forever to load and after, google chrome says simply that it can't load the page.
- I can't load certain parts of sites, such as captcha codes. (Had to sign up for the forums here on my ipod to get through the captcha!)
- Pages tend to load slowly.
- I can use a proxy to get through to the sites I can't usually access. (But this is very inconvenient and it's not a real solution, cause I still don't know the problem!)
- This has been going on for a week or longer. It's not because the sites are down. (I can also access isitdownrightnow.com and I've checked )
- using my wifi with another device (ipod) and I don't have the issue with it.
- connecting to a different wi-fi and using an ethernet cable.
- flushing the dns cache.
- using a different browser. (currently using chrome, firefox doesn't work either)
- clearing the history/cache/etc. in both browsers
- scanning for viruses using Avast: no results. I'm halfway through a Sophos scan and no threats yet either.
- changing my dns addresses. (changed them to google public dns)
- pinging the sites (it was successful)
I'm running Mac OS X Leopard (10.6) with the latest update.
What am I doing wrong? What is happening? Everyone who can suggest something, I thank you very much! I'll try almost anything at this point in time.