Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

looking for Tablet

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bignight2

bignight2

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

Hi I want to buy my son a Tablet for christmas but have no clue on them, does anyone know the best tablet I can get for $150.00 with a 10" screen, thanks for any help, Brett

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pjciii

pjciii

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

hi Brett

i know that there are alot of tablets on the market right now but a 10" screen in that price range with any memory will be tough. i would look at the blackberry playbook( i know not alot of people dont like blackberry!). you can still pick up a 7.5" screen with 64gb of memory new in box between 135 and 155 on amazon. 1. it has the best security in place over android and iOS. 2. it offers alot of games. 3. it is easy to set up and connect. 4. its has great graphics and screen display. 5. if it doesn't work out you made a mininum investment. 6. i have yet to see how tablets are going to be legitament computing tools. 6. it comes with Docs to go that work well with microsoft office. 7. if your son does not use it you may find a use for it yourself.

patrick

#3 pjciii

pjciii

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:18 AM

also he can learn how to side load android apps onto the playbook which will run just fine.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

Hi I want to buy my son a Tablet for christmas but have no clue on them, does anyone know the best tablet I can get for $150.00 with a 10" screen, thanks for any help, Brett

Check your local carrier to see if they have any promotions. That's how I got a Samsung Galaxy 8.9 for 50 bucks.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

$150.00 for a 10 inch is not going to get you very much or anything that will last. Thats even pretty low for a decent quality performing 7 inch.

Take a look here so you have a better idea of what you're looking at to spend for 10 inch or even 7 inch: Engadget's tablet buyer's guide: fall 2013 edition

By no means is the guide definitive. But it at least gives you a broader idea of price ranges and models.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 bignight2

bignight2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:42 AM

Thanks for the reply, http://sellout.woot.com/offers/pyle-10-1-android-3d-graphics-wi-fi-tablet-2?utm_campaign=Commission+Junction+-+10860750&utm_source=Commission+Junction+Publisher+-+361116&utm_medium=affiliate+-+Product+Catalog.

Junk?

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

Only has 8GB onboard, instead of a usual 16 or 32 part of which is the OS and preloaded apps. So you have very little room to download more apps and games. Plus the SD Card slot only supports 32 GB not the usual max of 64 GB. Also some apps you download do not work if moved to the SD card. It's a serviceable machine but limited in what it can do. The 8 inch by same vendor has decent reviews on Amazon, none yet for this one. But nearly all are prefaced that you are getting what you pay for. Do not expect a high performance high storage device and work within it's limitations and it should be okay.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users