Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Streaming Video Stutters/Hangs/Freezes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 george321

george321

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

I am using a HP 6620 PC, win7 Home Premium 64 bit. I am connected to the router via Ethernet and a wireless network to another PC, a IPAD and a PS3 which feeds my TV.

When I stream video from my PC it often freezes/hangs/stutters. I have to pause it for a time and then it will play good for a while and then freeze again. When the IPAD accesses the internet via the wireless connection it works OK. When the internet is accessed by the PS3 thru the wireless it also works OK. This tells me the wireless connections and the PS3 are working OK and the problem must be something in the PC. What is the most likely problem? Can it be a buffer that's not big enough and if so can I increase the size and how do I go about increasing the size. Can the video card not be the correct one for this kind of streaming? The PC isn't that old. Seems like the video should be up to it. With all the video streaming going on these days surely I'm not the only one having this problem. Thanks much for the help.

I have a ATI Radeon HD4200 video adapter installed.

Edited by george321, 11 December 2013 - 03:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

Is this happening on Youtube or somewhere else?

#3 george321

george321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

As I said it's video's from my pc. That is video's that I have created or downloaded and reside on my pc.

Edited by george321, 13 December 2013 - 06:17 PM.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

Then it's not streaming video. Are you using Windows Media Player? Maybe try VLC. Most folks watch streaming video on viral video sites like Youtube. If you are downloading video clips to your hard drive and then watching them, that's not streaming. So the problem might be with your video player. 

http://www.videolan.org/

#5 george321

george321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

Video's watched on my pc using VLC or other players are fine. Video files that reside on my pc and I am streaming them via a wireless network to my tv are the problem. I changed the router setup from ch 10 to auto duplex and it helped a lot but I still get some hanging up and studdering.

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

That's not streaming either and you didn't say that when you first posted. I don't know anything about that as I have never done it.

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

Is this your desktop specs? http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph05286&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=61663

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users