Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello from a returning member

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Firefightertom1

Firefightertom1

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:33 PM

Hello all, I am a returning member who needs some help with a new to me Vista Operating system. My first computer was a Gateway with Windows 95. It was slow, but still very cool. The old dial-up AOL disks were my link to the WWW. I upgraded to XP in about 2000? What a difference that made. We got BB internet service and life was sweet. Myself, my wife and 2 kids all used those computers. My oldest daughter got an Macbook in about 08 and we bought my youngest daughter a desktop with Windows Vista in 09. Both my youngest and oldest, have now upgraded to really nice Macbook Pro's and we also purchased a large screen Mac desktop unit which my wife and kids mainly use.

I on the otherhand have been left with the old XP. It's only 32 bit so almost all videos buffer and stall from time to time. I decided to move my favorite programs over to the unused Vista system due to it being 64 bit. I did this about a month ago. I am getting used to the Vista, but still am having a few problems. I believe the system had a virus, or I picked up a virus. I get an error messages when I try to back the system up, or try to turn on windows firewall or defender.

I have used Bleeping Computer to help me with some XP issues in the past, and feel confident that they can help me again. Well thats about the size of my story. Now, all I have to do is post my problem, have someone reply, run a few scans, make a few changes, and all will be right with my computer life       

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users