Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Services Center Cannot be started

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bjs1

bjs1

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

Hi I need some assistance starting my security services and reactivating my firewall. I am unable to start the service through the control panel and tried to search for it on the services list via services.msc prompt but it was not listed.

I have a Toshiba Satellite A305, 32 bit system running Windows Vista Home Premium.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

Worth a look, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-security/vista-home-premium-security-center-service-is/b04734b6-deab-44d7-aa2c-0d73149daf21 .

Louis

#3 bjs1

bjs1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

Hi Louis,

I was able to get my security services back and my fire wall and bfe.However, I am still unable to turn the fire wall on from the control panel or from the local services list. When I try from local services I get an error message 1068 the dependency service or group failed to start. Any ideas? 

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

Do you have only Windows Firewall and no 3rd party installed?

Download then run Farbar Service Scanner and checkmark all boxes.
Click Scan and then a Notepad text will open. Copy-Paste the report on your next reply.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users