Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

For you Photography people

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:03 AM

Just thought I would post this as it was intriguing and beautiful.

The most beautiful snowflake photos you’ll ever see, captured with a cheap DIY camera

All of the snowflake photos on this page, believe it or not, were captured using a six-year-old point-and-shoot Canon camera and a standard 58mm SLR lens that was produced in the USSR sometime between 1958 and 1992. Such photography ought to be impossible without a microscope or other expensive gear, but it just perfectly illustrates the photographic and aesthetic ingenuity of Alexey Kljatov, a Russian photographer who lives in Moscow.

snowflake-1.jpg  

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

Wow that is incredible!

I especially love the last picture on page 1. Fantastic!

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

Cool, I really liked the one I posted. I had no idea thee were cylindrical snowflakes.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

Excellent, boopme, those pictures are so clear and the snowflakes remind me of my kaleidoscope. I do miss the pics those old cameras' could produce, not to mention developing your own film...I still have my Brownie...

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

Glad you liked them too!! I can't take great pix, but I love to look at them.

#6 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

Boopme!! WOW. Just incredible...I wondered what the background was on the snowflake you posted...it must have been captured on the dark wool fabric to make the lines in the background! Very awesome. Thank you!

btw, guys, here is what the photograher does:

"Alexey Kljatov’s setup consists of a Canon A650 IS point-and-shoot (extended to its maximum 6x optical zoom), attached to a reversed Helios 44M-5 (58mm f/2.0) prime lens. Because the rear element of the lens is exposed, an extension tube is screwed onto the end, acting as an ad hoc lens hood.

The entire thing is strapped to a plank of wood and wrapped in black plastic — to keep it still, and to block any stray light from entering the contraption. The camera is then rested on its head, pointing down through some glass at a target. Kljatov photographs snowflakes either on a transparent piece of glass, or on a dark woolen fabric. He illuminates the snowflakes with a flashlight, or sometimes shoots in natural light."

#7 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:17 AM

Cool, I really liked the one I posted. I had no idea thee were cylindrical snowflake

Nor did I. The wonders of the world ey?

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

@Stolen, I would venture that it is the carpet. Looks like fibers in the image. Glad all enjoyed it.

@Darktune certainly is..

By the way do you pronounce it Dak chune in Wales LOL

#9 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

LOL!

If I pronounced it in Welsh you'd sound like you've got the flu  :lmao:

#10 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:14 PM

@boopme

I just made it my desk top ... now that is cool...

#11 GenryLim

GenryLim

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

Cool picture!

#12 Coco2014

Coco2014

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:10 AM

all the pictures all cool . Amazing that are made with a lower quality cam.

I like to play soccer games online and i'm using gta 5 cheats for Grand Theft Auto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users