Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No infection notifications but windows xp unresponsive!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jbradvi9

jbradvi9

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:34 AM

I really doubt I will get rid of that at this point but I have just faith....It started several years ago when I clicked on a file downloaded from a p2p program setup.exe nearly 20 MB after what nothing happened for about an hour and then on int. explorer and windows explorer showed up a message stating 'your  pc is infected!!'.At the first point I tried system restore but it didn't work it couldnt restore to any of previous dates.I tried reinstalling windows but after all the job pc was still unresponsive.I went to some registered tehnicians but after their work all become the same after a couple of days.I used bios updates to flash the bios chip and after that used a utility to compare the bios file and the file used to update bios.They didn't match so I used an uncorrupted windows based live cd to flash again and at the second time they were identical.I enabled write protection in bios.Now I tried to just reinstall xp but the machine is like a zombie.

1.it can't be hardware related because windows based live cd and some linux live cd-s work properly.

2.on sfc /scannow the system asks for windows xp cd that shouldn't do if there is no problem.

3.I wiped the whole hdd before reinstalling the os so the root malware file which is obviously a downloader couldn't reside on hdd.

4.the pc is strangely slow on detecting boot devices(this issue come up after the last bios flashing which was successful.)

5.there is also a streaming video and audio issue in windows(random crackling or rustling and abnormal video sequence) which is not happening on linux-es and survives reformat but is likely caused by other kind of malware (warez sites).

6.random but frequent delay in opening and closing programs reaching web addresses,taskbar,start menu,'all programs' menu,buttons that remain pressed up  a minute after the mouse button is released...

7.I have an USB disk 512 MB but I have it only 3 months so malware isn't there too.

I shall be really surprised if someone solve  this problem!

P.S.

I tried help forums before and all diagnostic tools(like otl,gmer,eset,combofix) haven't find malware so far.....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users