Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tmfilter.log

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 regina

regina

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 05 May 2006 - 06:18 AM

hi all..
for about a month now i been having trouble i couldnt defraging i found this TMFilter.log was not allowing me to defrag so i deleted it and then was able to defrag but it came right back and it seems it is constantly being written to because the content seems to be continuously growing in size it has been as huge as
5.56 GB i want to figure out if i may have a virus or somethin that my pc-cillin and spyware isnt picking up im not sure what else ta do other then just reformating wich after all this time doesnt seem like such a bad idea but maybe u can help finding out what is wrong so i wont have to im not sure what you need from me please let me know and ill do what i can. appreciates very much any help you can give thanks ....regina

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 05 May 2006 - 06:44 AM

Hello,

Don't worry here.. that TMFilter.log is a part of pc-cillin. It is normal when it comes back even after you delete it. This is the Scan Engine debugging log from Pc-cilin.

Also read here for more info and how to disable it:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/support/vie...12&id=EN-125012
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2006 - 06:48 AM

Actually it would be easier for you if I just create the regfix to disable it, so perform next:

Open notepad and copy and paste next bold in it:
(don't forget to copy and paste REGEDIT4)

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TMFilter\Parameters]
"DebugLogFlags"=dword:00000000

Save this as fix.reg Choose to save as *all files and place it on your desktop.
It should look like this: Posted Image
Doubleclick on it and when it asks you if you want to merge the contents to the registry, click yes/ok.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#4 regina

regina
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:01 AM

thanks very much for the speedy reply did as ya had said to ... was just wondering this fix.reg can i delete it now so its not hanging out on my desktop...thanks :thumbsup:

#5 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:51 AM

yes, delete that fix.reg. You don't need it anymore now. :thumbsup:
You can read in the url I gave you how to enable it again. :flowers:

#6 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2006 - 03:50 PM

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users