Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multi-webcam setup?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cornflakes2

cornflakes2

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

Hi, I'm wondering if there is a way to setup multiple webcams to one PC via usb?

I enjoying spying on my pet crabs but I can't always walk back and forth to go see them.  I'd like to be able to setup a few cams (2 or 3) at different angles around the aquarium and be able to simply open up my webcams like a multiscreen cam view or be able to switch back n forth (like channel surfing) to see different cams or angles while working on my computer.  I currently have ONE webcam setup but it's an overhead shot.  It's quite convenient to be able to just view them quickly on my computer just to see what they are up to.

Is there any such software or webcam that allows for this?  I don't want to invest in an actual security surveillance system with multi monitors and tvs.  The quality doesn't need to be great either. I'm fine with 640x480 15-30fps.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trakeen

Trakeen

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:00 AM

Vitamin D offers one, but only with the paid version:  http://www.vitamindinc.com/

I've been using their software for a while, and it's pretty decent for motion detection / home DVR, but I'm cheap so I'm only using the freeware version that limits you to one camera.  I haven't done enough searching to find a completely free one for multiple cameras.

#3 cornflakes2

cornflakes2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

thanks for the reply!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users