Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware removal training

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:30 AM

Hello!

I've been part of this forum for a couple months now, and all I've always wanted to do was join the Malware removal program you fellows run here. However, the admissions always seem to be closed, and sadly I've never chanced upon it being open. About how often does it take new member, and how many?

Thanks, I just want to increase my chances of entry.

Unofficial iOS Genius

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:56 AM

Hello,

Unfortunately, the program doesn't have any set schedule for accepting new trainees, or any particular number that are accepted at once.

Due to our program being self paced, new slots are opened up as our existing trainees complete the lower levels of study and move up to the more advanced levels. This is to prevent our volunteer staff being overwhelmed by an influx of new trainees.

I would advise checking the admissions page once or twice a day to see if any slots are open. Slots are filled on a first-come first-served basis.

Hope that helps,

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,486 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

There is no notification system in place for when slots open so you need to keeping checking back as Blade advises if BC Study Hall/Malware Removal Training Program is the school you prefer to enroll in. The logistics and management of such a notification system and the fact we have a worldwide membership negate the potential effectiveness and fairness one would expect from it.

If you don't want to wait for an opening here at BC, please be aware that training in malware removal is conducted at various other online Unite Schools to include:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Felipe2237

Felipe2237
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

If you don't want to wait for an opening here at BC, please be aware that training in malware removal is conducted at various other online Unite Schools to include:

I'll take a look around. I was referred here by a member on PC help forum who aided me with malware removal, who was an alum of the program here.

Could I create an RSS Feed to the page? Would that work?

Unofficial iOS Genius

#5 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:32 AM

Could I create an RSS Feed to the page? Would that work?

I doubt it, though I've never tried it. Being a grad of the program myself I was where you were several years ago. Checking the link regularly will pay off. Be persistent!

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#6 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

Where is the page that tells us if there are openings? I've looked all over and can't find it.

#7 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,079 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

Hi,

It's located here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86678/malware-removal-training-program/

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,486 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

Where is the page that tells us if there are openings? I've looked all over and can't find it.

The link was provided in Post #3 but I just made an edit so it is more clear for others reading this topic.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users