Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I was infected by CryptoLocker

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brenof

brenof

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

Hello, I was infected by CryptoLocker (It's missing 70 hours at the time of this post to pay the ransom) and I just want to know how to remove it from my computer, I won't pay the ransom and I don't care about the files that I'm gonna lost, just want to know how to remove it, thanks

PS: My Operational system is Windows 7

Edited by brenof, 10 December 2013 - 11:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

A repository of all current knowledge regarding Cryptolocker is provided by Grinler (aka Lawrence Abrams), in this tutorial: CryptoLocker Ransomware Information Guide and FAQ

You may want to read that FAQ first, before removing the infection.

Malwarebytes detects Cryptolocker as Trojan.Ransom and is able to remove the infection, but it cannot recover the encrypted files. Please refer to Cryptolocker Ransomware: What You Need To Know - Removal Instructions

Some victims of crypto malware infection have reported success recovering data using Windows Previous Versions or Shadow Explorer if system restore was enabled (turned on). However, newer variants have been reported to erase all shadow copies as part of its routine.There is also a lengthy ongoing discussion in this topic: Cryptolocker Hijack program.

Since this infection is so widespread, rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best if you posted any further questions or comments in that thread.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 brenof

brenof
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM