Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

:( :( HOW CAN I RECOVER FILES DIRECTLY TO A CD-R? URGENT!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 s1ckn3ss

s1ckn3ss

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 20 November 2004 - 04:38 PM

im using RECOVER MY FILES after being raped by some bloodhound virus called sezik or something like that, the thing is, i ran the software (the professional version of Recover My Files 2.90) and now that i can see the files i want to recover, it tells me i cant do so, until i choose a different partition to drop the recovered files, but the thing is, i have only one 80gb partition with everything in there, and since i had this virus attack, can't actually move stuff or i couldn't recover my files later, so i thought i could use some kind of virtual cd-r but cant figure out how to cheat RECOVER MY FILES so it can burn the files directly onto a CDR without having to use any space from my hard drive, which is the first reason why RECOVER MY FILES says cant recover files to their original locations, i downloaded a few virtual disc softwares, but most of em are made to make your virtual disc on the hard drive, which is the drive im looking to avoid so i wont lose more data, please help me on this, im about to jump from the 9th floor.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 g45

g45

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 21 November 2004 - 02:19 PM

Don't Jump!!

Seriously, you have so many options time does not permit a full description:

Consider adding, on a temporary basis only, a second hard drive. Installation should take only scant few minutes. Then you can move your files to the alternate drive and work with them from there.

or

Consider using one of the many partition programs to re-partition your existing hard drive. Partition Magic is a program liked by many. I use Ranish Partition Manager myself, which also is a very effective tool if not a bit sharp-edged.

You might want to de-frag your existing hard drive before you re-partition it.

Another option, similar to the first, is to add a temporary EXTERNAL hard drive to provide a lifeboat for your files. I do this with SCSI ports, but USB probably will be what you use. USB works fine.

Still another option is to pull your hard drive and take it to the home of a co-operative friend. Install it into his computer and copy off the files you need.

Good luck!!

#3 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 21 November 2004 - 02:24 PM

Those are all great suggestions. Another one that falls under similar reasoning is to purchase an external HD kit. With it, you can put in any internal HD (some you can even install CD/DVD drives), with the computer still on. When you turn it on, it will show up in Windows (98 and later I think-XP for sure) as a removeable drive. Simply drag and drop any files that you need a copy of.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users