Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer constantly freezing on startup. No idea how to fix.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shingouki

shingouki

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

Made a thread about this in here, but I dont think it is malware related. So I'm going to remake it here without the DDS log.

-----------------

Hi there guys I've been having what has to be the most frustrating freezes on startup in all history. I have this freeze that will happen on pretty much any mode that isnt PURE safe mode. Meaning that if I load up in Safemode Networking this freeze will happen there as well. But what happens is this

The comptuer starts up and gets to the windows 7 loading screen. I'll Try to login, at which it attempts to load up everything VERY slowly. At this point I'm at a bit of a time limit. If my pc doesnt fully load up in a certain time frame it will freeze. Whlie it's loading everything loads up slowly and I have a very small amount of time to load up an MP3 file. If I dont load up a song to play within this time frame and loop it infinitely, my comptuer will freeze without question at least 95% of the time. 5% of the time it MIGHT load up completely. But so far the load up mp3 loop forever trick is the only thing preventing my comptuer from freezing (If I can get that far).

As it stands i have no idea what is causing this problem, it's so bizarre... Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

try and update your network drivers

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:20 AM

Just to clarify...does the system freeze when employing safe mode without including networking?

Louis

#4 shingouki

shingouki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:33 PM

Safemode with Networking WILL freeze.

Normal Safemode(no networking) will not freeze.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

Boot into safe mode...uninstall the networking drivers (which are probably damaged)...reboot.

Do you have a Drivers CD?  If so, reinstall the networking drivers from it after system has booted normally.

Louis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users