Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to remove these two viruses below?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sharon_911

Sharon_911

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:12 PM

Ran all of the programs Microsoft Security advised me to perform; Adware/ Junkware removal/ Malwarebytes - Hitman Pro found nothing...

when I did complete scan, they're still there.

browserModifier:Win32/Zwangi

exploit:java/urains.a

I searched to uninstall programs and they could not be found.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:37 PM

Hello, Sharon , could you post the full path to the items?

Example: C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\u1orjwk1.default\xxxxxxx
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Sharon_911

Sharon_911
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

That's all it shows on Microsoft Security Essentials when I run the full scan. It says there's an error when

applying the action to remove them.  I'm running Spy Hunter now and it says I have over 3000 threats...

don't know if they want me to spend a bunch of $

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

Ok,,,,, Lets try one more
  • Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
  • Scan potentially unwanted applications
  • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
  • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

Just a quick side -

Do NOT click on Spy Hunter as the program is basically "Scamming you"

It will not and has never worked ............ Please stay with boopme for much better (free) help

Thank you -

#6 Sharon_911

Sharon_911
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

How do I attach the attachment?

#7 Sharon_911

Sharon_911
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

copy and pasted:  I did delete quarantined items

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\upgrade[1].cab a variant of Win32/Adware.OneStep.CK application 
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Default\aadedbdegcdbdhdedjdededhdedhdddj\background.html Win32/BHO.OEI trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Default\aadedbdegcdbdhdedjdededhdedhdddj\ContentScript.js Win32/BHO.OEI trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Auslogics\Rescue\Sony Maintenance\131005004649405.rsc multiple threats deleted - quarantined
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\RecipeHub.exe Win32/AdInstaller application cleaned by deleting - quarantined
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\upgrade[1].cab a variant of Win32/Adware.OneStep.CK application deleted - quarantined

#8 Sharon_911

Sharon_911
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

It worked. I ran full scan with Microsoft security essentials and they're gone!!  Yay!

Now I can't get rid of spy hunter!

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

Hello, try using the Fix-It button here
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users