Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wi-fi issues in Win8...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hellojo07

hellojo07

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

Hello, I am posting on behalf of a friend as her wi-fi has been disconnecting every couple of minutes since last night. Here's the story...

Last night her ASUS ROG G75VX laptop upgraded to Windows 8.1 (originally it was Windows 8) and ever since then her wireless has been screwed up. It will disconnect for no reason (bars will go grey with a red X and no networks are found) and then take a few minutes to find the networks and reconnect. It continuously does this every few minutes or so. Sometimes it auto-reconnects and sometimes she has to do it manually. Her connection to wireless on other devices in the house such as her iPod, 3DS, and other family member's laptops are all unaffected. We have spent a number of hours looking online for a fix and tried a number of things that did not work, so she tried a system restore. It brought her back to Windows 8 (not Win8.1), however the problem still persists.

If any additional information is needed please just let me know. Some other information I can provide is her wireless adapter, which is Broadcom 802.11ac. Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

goto device manager

expand network adapters

right click on adapter and update driver

#3 hellojo07

hellojo07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:05 PM

goto device manager

expand network adapters

right click on adapter and update driver

Hey thanks for the response :)

We tried it and it says it's the most recent updated version, but it didn't change anything. We also tried uninstalling the adapter, restarting the laptop and letting Windows 8 install a new driver, but that didn't work either. We also tried going to the ASUS website and installing the latest driver from there, but again didn't work.

#4 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

what network adapter do you have

Goto Device Manager

Goto Network adapter: Right click on Wireless network adapter

Click on update driver

Click on Browse my computer

Click let me pick

Click on the Qualcomm driver

Edited by Roodo, 10 December 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#5 hellojo07

hellojo07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

what network adapter do you have

Broadcom 802.11ac, or Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users