Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Burn Iso to Flash Drive

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 82_bleepingirl

82_bleepingirl

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

Hi.. I use puppy live cd to do my banking.  I would like to burn the puppy iso file to a usb flash drive. I've googled how to do this and as far as I can tell I will have to download software. I don't want to do that because of programs and malware that always seem to be attached to all freeware these days. ... Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,996 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

How NOT to install Puppy Linux (to hard disk)

BOOT FROM USB - While booted from CD or DVD, install Puppy to USB and use it for booting (see Setup in the menu for the installer). You can then tell Puppy at shutdown to save to the same USB drive, or to your hard disk.

A good tutorial for USB install of Puppy Linux 4.30 is made available as PDF (English, also Italian and Spanish) by Alex Gotev.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

http://www.linuxliveusb.com/

Lili is the best linux live cd/usb tool I have found. Others, like Unetboot, are simply not as versatile. This tool supports a wide variety of distros, if you ever feel you want to branch out.

Unofficial iOS Genius

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,996 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

Felipe....She already has the Puppy Live CD....no more is needed....

If you haven't checked out the pdf tutorial I linked to, you should. It is one of the neatest tuts around. Just scroll

down to page 21.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:38 AM

It's just another option. It's also a bit easier than your link, since everything is automated. There are literally just 3 steps making any LiveUSB on Lili,

1. Select distro

2. Download/Locate distro files

3. Press start.

If he doesn't have the files (which it sounds like he does) it even downloads it for you in the background.

Try it next time you need a liveUSB. It's a neat tool.

Unofficial iOS Genius

#6 82_bleepingirl

82_bleepingirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

Thank you to both of you!  Goterdone. :love4u:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users