Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting A Message Sent Failure Notice On Gmail

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Luvkitty

Luvkitty

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:47 AM

Hello!

I'm using Gmail, and I just tried to compose and send a new email, but after I clicked Send, I noticed a failure message in my inbox. Here is a copy of what it said:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

Username at some IP
Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550-nz-out-0102.google.com [64.233.162.201] is currently not permitted to relay
550-through this server. Perhaps you have not logged into the pop/imap server
550-in the last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP Authentication turned on in your
550 email client.

Is anyone available to help me fix this problem and to explain what it means in the first place? Thanks so much!!!

Hugs,
Michele :thumbsup:

(Moderator edit: E-mail address removed to protect it from spambots. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 05 May 2006 - 10:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:39 AM

Are you creating the E-mail on-line, or using some client application such as Ourlook Express? If the latter, make sure all information in the OE account for GMail is entered correctly.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Luvkitty

Luvkitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2006 - 01:55 AM

Hello!

Yes, I was creating the email while online at my Gmail account. I'm having a few other problems pop up, and I'm thinking that I should post a message under the Operating Systms XP thread about all of them. If you do have a solution for this problem, though, that would be great! :thumbsup: In the meantime, I think I'll include this problem with the list of others on the other thread. Thanks so much!

Michele

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2006 - 10:13 AM

It seems that you are having problems with E-mails from several sources, so the problem may reside elsewhere. Posting about all of them may provide some clues to the cause of all of them.
Can we presume you have thoroughly scanned your hard drive with both your resident Anti-virus as well as several anti-spyware applications?
Regards,
John

#5 Luvkitty

Luvkitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2006 - 04:02 PM

Hi John,

Yes, I had just learned about HijackThis from Bleeping Computer, so I installed and ran that program. I also have Spybot, which, as is suggested here, I ran first. I also have McAffee anti-virus, which, if I'm not mistaken, updates and runs a check regularly.

Thanks!
Michele :thumbsup:

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:27 PM

I see you have combined several problems in another post, since there may be some relation between them. Let's consider this thread closed.
Readers may find the combined post here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51951/more-and-more-problems-are-happening-and-programs-are-missing/

Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 08 May 2006 - 12:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users