Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BitLocker Drive Encryption failed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NurseSteve

NurseSteve

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:34 AM

I have tried to unlock my usb stick and this message appears

BitLocker Drive Encryption failed to recover from an abruptly terminated conversion. This could be due to either all conversion logs being corrupted or the media being write-protected. 

I have tried to download the Bitlocker Drive repair tool and it won't let me saying This update is not applicable to your computer. 

I feel just sick that I cannot open my usb I really need some help. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:08 PM

what computer are you now on when trying to unlock drive?

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

As a USB Flash Drive is only worth a couple of dollars, it must be very important.

If that unit has no Real Value, or you are unable to copy from another source then destroy it.

What is on  the USB drive to make it so important ??

Thank You -

#4 NurseSteve

NurseSteve
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I have found a data recovery wizard! Fingers and toes crossed. My new motto back-up back-up and back-up :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users