Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

missing services

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DarinG

DarinG

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:12 AM

I seem to be missing some services.  PcaSvc, PolicyAgent, and RemoteAccess services seem to be missing from my computer.  I have ran sfc scannow, and repair from boot disk with no luck,  what are other options?

I have noticed that windows update will not update

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2592687)

The Remote Desktop Protocol 8.0 update enables you to use the new Remote Desktop Services features. These features are introduced in Windows 8 and in Windows Server 2012 and are available for computers that are running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1.

It fails every time .  I have searched Microsoft and followed their procedures for this problem (this entails deleting update folders in windows) no luck.  

Anyone have any ideas?????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 674 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

Win7's no-reformat, nondestructive reinstall - by Fred Langa

#3 DarinG

DarinG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

I am running windows 7 enterprise if I remember correctly there isn't a upgrade option for enterprise, but that is a neet trick . 

#4 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2574819

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

I am running windows 7 enterprise if I remember correctly there isn't a upgrade option for enterprise, but that is a neet trick . 

The article states that this will work on editions of Windows 7 Home, Professional, and so on.

Am I missing something here?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users