Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

utube video music

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rocky712

rocky712

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

does any brave knight out there know how to take music videos downloaded from utube mp4 and easily change them into .cda files which is the only form of audio ripped cds that will play in my car have windows 7 64 bit. I have tried several converters but they don't work to .cda or I can t find out how to drag and drop the music to them,tried ashampoo music studio 4 and wondershare streaming audio recorder by the way which I can t get to record anymore. the closest I have come to transferring them into .cda files is I think I accidently made cda files with cd burner xp but I have no clue as to how I did it. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

Sure...but you need to understand that an .mp4 file contains both video and audio content.  If listening to music is the goal, then you need to strip the unnecessary video content or you wind up with a larger file containing audio and video...rather simply the music.

What I would do...is simply use some program to convert the .mp4 files into .mp3 files...then simply burn the .mp3 files as music files.  See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0zfrrFlH_0 .  I suggest that you not download any of the "free" file converters typically appearing if you Google for such...many of them will also include malware/adware as part of what they install on your system, IME.  VLC is a known, reliable media program.

The most pertinent question that I have is...what is the manufacturer and model of the CD player in your auto?  If it can read .mp3 files, that would provide you the opportunity of putting a lot more music on a CD...as data files...compared to recording them as music files.

I know it may sound confusing :), but it really isn't.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users