Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

7200 mAh vs 7800 mAh battery for laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Oddyssey

Oddyssey

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

My laptop battery crapped out on me and I ordered a new one from ebay.  I needed an 11.1 V 7200 mAh for A33-M50... I received an 11.1 V 7800 mAh compatible for A33-M50.

My question is, what's the difference between 7200 mAh and 7800 mAh and will the 7800 mAh damage my laptop? 

I can't afford to have my laptop damaged from putting the wrong battery in it and I don't want to try it if it's going to cause any problems or damage.  But I don't want to go through the hassel of returning it if it will work out fine.  Any assistance / advice is much appreciated.  Thank you.

PS. It's for an ASUS laptop with an Intel ® Core™ 2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13 GHz running Vista 64 bit OS

Do you need any further info?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

If it fits in your system it will be fine

Milliamps Hour (mAh) is important because it's the easiest way to distinguish the strength or capacity of a battery. The higher the mAh, the longer the battery will last. Batteries with different mAh ratings are interchangeable. If your battery is rechargeable then the mAh rating is how long the battery will last per charge.

Edited by Roodo, 10 December 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#3 Oddyssey

Oddyssey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

Thank you!  I was hoping that was the answer.  *breathes a sigh of relief*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users