Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Local Area Connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 whlanteigne

whlanteigne

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

Refurbished Dell Optiplex 760 with Windows 7 (which irritates me to no end because I could have gotten the same computer with XP Pro for $80 less). 

It was working fine, until it decided not to communicate with the home network, thus the Internet. The XP machines on the same network are unaffected (thus adding to my irritation).

I checked all the wires and cables and connected hardware numerous times, restarted the computer, ran the troubleshooter several times.

Using SIW, I find that IPv6 has incorrect values. 

The only thing I can think of that might have a bearing on this is that I synched with my Google account; one of the extensions in Google is Avast Internet Security, which I deleted from the Win 7 computer in September.

How do I install correct values in IPv6? Will that fix this?

Screenshot attached

WHL

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 09 December 2013 - 05:58 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

Bad NIC, someone has the router set up with MAC ID security, bad drivers. IPv6 is not going to do anything for you at this point, due to it is in limited use.

#3 Zuljania

Zuljania

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:28 AM

I once had this and I did a simple ipconfig /release - - ipconfig /renew

And then I also diagnosed the local area connection, which resolved it. However this could something related to the router you are using or so on :( It could be a faulty NIC as Greg stated above also.

I guess you will need to do more tests since this is something that requires a lot of troubleshooting. Perhaps routing tables are giving you an IP.

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

Do you have a router? or is it just a modem? Have you unplugged the router and/or modem for a min or 3 and then plugged it back in? there are a lot of reasons for not connecting. Do you need IPv6? 

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users