Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft account

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 calden

calden

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

Have reinstalled W8.1 on an SSD.

When turning computer on it shows my Microsoft account.....ie-  my name@ xxxxxxxxx.com     which was my microsoft account enabling me to download from Store.

After numerous attempts to open including codes supplied by Microsoft and not having a password accepted the only option I had was to delete it in "Security" in "Control Panel" 

Next I tried creating a new account (this I did with three different Alias).   Each time the new names and passwords were rejected because my original account which I had deleted appeared as the Alias Account and the new passwords were not applicable.

Next I tried going to my original account but was informed it did not exist......have contacted the robotic system employed by Microsoft at least 50 times being issued codes by three different e-mail addresses as well as by phone and been informed successfully done..

Does anyone know of a way I can delete an account which has already been deleted without the password. The original deleted account still appears on startup.  ie- my name@ xxxxxxxxxx.com

Edited by calden, 09 December 2013 - 10:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 masx

masx

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

I decided NOT to even use a Microsoft account. The damn computer tried everything to get me to start a Microsoft account but I don't want EVERYTHING I do to be accessed by Microsoft, so I kept rejecting it and finally it allowed me to use a LOCAL account to sign in to my puter! This local account has nothing to do with an Outlook or any email account. (Google tries the same thing; to get you to have ONE account for everything) 

I still have several Outlook email accounts, and several Google gmail accounts but I am not signed into only one on this computer.  I know I know, Microsoft AND Google are passing everything I do to the NSA anyway, but I feel better about NOT letting them easily see everything I do on line!

By the way, the only reason I sign into my puter in the first place is because sometimes it needs an administrator to allow certain access things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users