Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2007 will send but not receive emails

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rikkidegraz

rikkidegraz

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

I don't know how this happened.  Last night I was looking at all my mail and I guess I clicked something because all at once all my emails disappeared from the Inbox.  I still have everything in the sent folder but nothing in my inbox.  I tried emailing myself but no luck.  It shows up ion the Sent folder. That's it.

Can you help me, please?  I have a Toshiba laptop, if that means anything.

Mod Edit:  Removed email addy...which, according to you doesn't work...as protection from spambots - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 09 December 2013 - 10:07 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rikkidegraz

rikkidegraz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:32 AM

Mod Edit:  Removed email addy...which, according to you doesn't work...as protection from spambots - Hamluis.

I don't know what you're talking about. 

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

A spambot is a program designed to collect, or harvest, e-mail addresses from the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. A spambot can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/definition/spambot

By posting your email address in a public place on the internet one of those programs could find it and send out spam. The spam will have YOUR email address as the sender.

Are you using an email client or webmail? If an email client which one and are you getting any error messages? If so post the entire error. If your email address is in the error message xxx out the part before @wherever.com/net, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users