Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File Upload failure

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Neuromancer-

Neuromancer-

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

Whether I'm trying to upload something on any file-hosting site or as an e-mail attachment, regardless of the browser (Firefox, Opera, Chrome or the old Internet Explorer version), the process instantly freezes with the CPU usage at 25% and it's permanent unless ended from the task manager.

Edited by hamluis, 10 December 2013 - 12:14 PM.
Moved from XP to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Neuromancer-

Neuromancer-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:27 AM

I just tried using my last installed browser, Tor and it worked. So I also tried in Firefox with a HTTP proxy to attach in basic HTML GMail and that also worked. It's not much help due to the bandwidth limitations, just saying as it might narrow down the problem.

#3 Neuromancer-

Neuromancer-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

Did a system restore to two months ago, that didn't do. But I noticed that right-clicking the file and clicking select actually works, should have tried that earlier.

Edit: Ugh, that still only applies to certain files. WTF?

Edited by Neuromancer-, 09 December 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,405 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

Uninstall the browser that won't work  or reset it...you might also take a look at your browser add-ons.

Louis

#5 Neuromancer-

Neuromancer-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

As I said, I tried it with four browsers and I didn't install anything after the last successful uploads prior to this issue. Guess I'll try testing alternative browsers, any recommendations?

#6 Neuromancer-

Neuromancer-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:06 PM

May be related, now I get "An error occurred, please try again later" on YouTube with all browsers except Chrome.

#7 Neuromancer-

Neuromancer-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:58 AM

Keeps coming, now no sound from browsers and I didn't even restart or turn off, guess I'll do another system restore. Wrong to move this thread, importing in Photoshop CS5 or Flash CS6 has the same issue, freezing with 25% usage of the CPU

#8 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

Try running a scan with your antivirus and with Malwarebytes. Things seem to be running amuck with your system. Sounds like a malware issue.

Also please Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it and post the results in your next reply.

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Edited by KingdomSeeker, 12 December 2013 - 10:52 PM.

#9 Neuromancer-

Neuromancer-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

I did, found just PUP.Optional stuff. I try to avoid malware by disabling javascript when visiting potentially unsafe sites and scanning downloaded binary files. Sorry, reluctant to post that personal info, guess I'll re-install Windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users