Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2007 Small Business - Have the CD but I lost the Product Key

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:53 AM

This might be a lost cause but i formatted pc and went to reinstall office but i can't find the sleeve with the product key on it, is there any way to find it on the CD itself or will i need to get a new copy? I know you can find it if its installed but not sure if it isn't.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

You could have found it from the original installation on the hard drive. But since you say the hard drive has been formatted I don't know of any way to retrieve it. If it was registered with Microsoft you 'could' try and contact them. I'm not sure how successful you would be. But the key code is not on the install disk.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:43 AM

thanks for that.

microsoft weren't any help which is why i tried here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users