Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is Error Message Really From Microsoft?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aelfgifa

aelfgifa

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:54 PM

Hi,

I tried googling on this but either I wrote it down wrong or there is no such error message. After one of my system freezeups, when I logged back on, I got a message that said: "Your system has recovered from a serious error" and gave what looks like an error message from Microsoft (?):

BCCode:a
BCP1:FFFFFF94
BCP2:00000002
BCP3:00000000
BCP4:804FD1AE

Is there a glossary somewhere or a tutorial on these? Are they really from Microsoft?

Also, when I try to use Task Manager, my system freezes, a small green square appears in my System Tray, and when I try ctl-alt-del again or try to shut down, I just get another green square and I have to shut off the power at the power strip. I was kind of hoping all this was over.

Thx,

aelfgifa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,745 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:16 AM

Is this related to the same computer for which you recently posted your hijackthis log? If so, you need to let the Team Helper who is assisting you know about this.

To answer your question, these messages are related to Microsoft. For example:
BCCode:a

Events and Errors Message Center.
Stop Error Messages.
General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 aelfgifa

aelfgifa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:42 PM

Yes it is related. So far, I don't have a team member helping me yet and haven't had a reply to my HJT log.

Same symptoms I've been having all along - computer freezed, try to get to Task Manager to do "end task", locked out of task manager, and end up having to turn off power at source and reboot to get back my own computer.

If somebody is determined to share my computer with me whether I want him there or not, I wish he'd at least be considerate enough to do it in a way that doesn't interfere with my own work. That probably won't happen so I really need help.

aelfgifa

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,745 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:35 PM

As you can see in that forum, the HJT Team is very busy with numerous requests for help. They are all volunteers who have gone through extensive training in malware removal and work as time permits them. I know it's frustrating but please be patient. A Team member will get to your log as soon as they can.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users