Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New pages not starting from the top

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 GuitarFiend

GuitarFiend

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

Can anyone explain to me why a webpage may not start at the top of the page upon a fresh reload ? I think I've noticed this on other pages as well BUT,for example,when in Facebook and I click on (not on the browsers refresh  utton) my own name or on the Home button,shouldn't that start that next page at the top of the page ?

What's happening,is when I click on either of those two buttons,the page is starting partiallly scrolled downward.Not by much.But,just enough to be a nuisance.Or,bothersome (about 3/4 inch) And,I wonder if anyone else that might go to my FB page is seeing this same issue ? Is there anyway I can fix this ? Is it a browser issue ???

Edited by GuitarFiend, 08 December 2013 - 07:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

Please post what browsers are affected by your issues next time. So far there's been no particular symptoms here on both Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox 25.

Tekken

#3 GuitarFiend

GuitarFiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

Sorry,'twas FF25.0.1

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

Try using Facebook by Internet Explorer and or Chrome and see if the problem persist.

Tekken

#5 GuitarFiend

GuitarFiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

Yep...does the same thing in IE.I don't have Chrome DL'd anymore.

Edited by GuitarFiend, 08 December 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

Do you have the updated flash players already? Have you tried clearing your cache, cookies and history files?

Tekken

#7 GuitarFiend

GuitarFiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

Hmmmmmmm.Yes,Flash is current.Very recently cleared all that other stuff out.So,I kind of doubt that's it (and,I hate clearing that stuff.I'd rather just leave that).No big deal my friend.I just thought someone else may have seen this issue before and possibly fixed it.Or if it was just a formatting issue with FB (which is what I think it is I checked again and it's only happening when I click on my own name that this happens.

#8 GuitarFiend

GuitarFiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

Apparently,I'm not the only one.A friend from cnet has found this...http://bfb.uservoice.com/forums/91417-social-fixer-ideas/suggestions/3174043-when-loading-a-timeline-set-the-initial-scroll-po

#9 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

Ok, just let me know of any developments. :thumbup2:  I would have to see this settings on a different computer resolution or monitor size as discussedon your linked.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users