Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to update to windows 7 service pack 1

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MrMajeika

MrMajeika

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

In another post it was pointed out to me that I do not have service pack 1 installed. For some reason it is not showing up in the windows update. Why would it not be showing up and do i need to update to it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

Hello -

Do you have Windows Updates turned on ?? This is the easy way.

Each month M/soft releases Updates and Security Patches for your system.

Go to Control Panel and make sure you have Updates Enabled -

Or go Start > Programs > and open Windows Updates, then install all Express or Important Updates offered.

Thank You -

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

Hello,

If the above does not work please see this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2498452

animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#4 MrMajeika

MrMajeika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

Hello,

If the above does not work please see this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2498452

i have been through the steps and there doesn't seem to be any reasons why it won't update, when i go try to install it from the downlad centre it asks me to choose the download that i want. There are several listed, which one do i select?

#5 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,514 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

Have you installed all of the pending updates for your system? Please press the start button then right click on the computer button on the right menu, then clock properties, somewhere it will say either 32bit or 64 bit, If it is 32 bit, use this download: windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe if it is 64 bit use this one: windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe

animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#6 MrMajeika

MrMajeika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

Have you installed all of the pending updates for your system? Please press the start button then right click on the computer button on the right menu, then clock properties, somewhere it will say either 32bit or 64 bit, If it is 32 bit, use this download: windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe if it is 64 bit use this one: windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe

thanks, i've updated it now

#7 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:12 PM

You can also manually download service pack one and install from microsoft if windows update doesnt find it. I had to do that with a vista machine, and everything worked great

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users