Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dell all in one wont boot

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 big0078

big0078

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

dell sign comes on along with progress bar the bar goes about 3/4 of the way then every thing shuts down  cant get to safe mode but can get to boot options and setup

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

Hello, :welcome: to BleepingComputer!

When you are in the bios, which is the boot options/setup screen, does the computer stay running? Do you see a drive that you can set it to boot from?

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 big0078

big0078
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:44 PM

yes I see 4 drives I can boot from tried hard drive but no deal and I cant find where to download a boot disk or something like that sorry it took so long to get back been in bed with a migraine

#4 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

Run dell hardware diagnostics to check to make sure all hardware is working. Upon boot up press f-12, there should be a hardware diagnostics option within that menu. Run that test and see what the results give you, then take it from there.

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

#5 big0078

big0078
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

no problems but no partition either  

#6 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

there is no windows partition?

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

#7 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

Whats the computer? Name, model No.  

do you have a disk? or was it preloaded.

#8 big0078

big0078
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

no disk preloaded dell inspiron one

#9 big0078

big0078
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:45 PM

after I ran dell hardware diagnostics it had on screen no partition cant remember exact wording it took two hours to run I shut it down after that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users