This is my first post so please be gentle.
I am buying a new PC in the next day or two.
My two choices are
HP ENVY 14 K037TX Ci7 4500U 4GB 1TB 2GB-GC Win 8 (F0B89PA)
HP Envy 15-J007TU
I finished college around 10years ago and this is my second pc since. My previous computer was Acer Aspire 4736z. My preference is 14inch computer. But the envy 15 is 15.6 hence the indecision. Being a woman who cannot afford the computer going bad soon I have to make an educated decision.
I will use it mainly for multi media purposes and a small inventory of a shop comprising 2000 units. I will not use it for gaming at all.
However I have a few concerns:
- I have heard from numerous sources that PCs with a graphics card are prone to overheating and burning its components within a year or two of usage. Many have said that it is useless to buy computers with Graphics card as the computers cooling system will always not be enough to keep it nice and cool. And that the card will screw up the surrounding components.
- The 14 inch Envy really appeals to me although its specs do not match up that well with the 15 inch Envy ( but it is not a long way off the i7 version i.e. ) . But I like the compact nature of It as well as the portability. Although the 15.6 Envy looks smaller than most due to its streamline version.
- I would have bought the 14 in a heartbeat if it did not come with a graphics card. It is that that is worrying me. So my question is as you all have probably guessed is does a graphics card really damage a computer in a couple of years if not sooner. Or will it give me a good 4 to 5 years before heating up or going bad.
- As my Acer Aspire has lasted 3 years so far with no issues.
* P.s. the graphics card in question is : NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 740M
Is this graphics good or a moderate performer and is it prone to heating up the computer or is this a high end performer.
Sorry for the queries. But I am at a loss after researching both the computers for days and days and have to make a decision soon. I thought some kind people could maybe give me their expert views on this.
Thanks so much in advance
Edited by hamluis, 18 December 2013 - 01:14 PM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to Buying New Computer - Hamluis.