Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Keyboard Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Thisguy90

Thisguy90

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

Okay, so this issue has been driving me insane and none of the common solutions have gotten me any closer to fixing it.

Whenever I try to use a keyboard with multimedia hotkeys (Volume up, mute, play, etc), it will usually work fine for a while, before stopping completely. Windows will usually, but not always, start listing the keyboard as an unknown USB device. Restarting the computer does nothing to fix it. Disabling and reinabling the USB drivers in device manager doesnt work, nor does uninstalling and reinstalling them. This problem also persist regardless of which USB port I plug the keyboard into.

When I use a normal usb keyboard that doesnt have the extra hotkeys, it works fine. Also, if I leave the desktop off for an extended period of time (an hour or so is the shortest so far) the other keyboard will start working again, only for the problem to repeat itself eventually.

My desktop is a custom build with a ASRock H61M/U3S3 motherboard. The BIOS is the most up to date version. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit OS, which is also currently up to date.

If anymore info is needed please let me know and I will post it asap

Edit: I also forgot to mention that the keyboard that is giving me these problems works fine on all other computers in the house. It is only this one specifically having this issue with it.

Edited by Thisguy90, 08 December 2013 - 12:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ChelseaWoolf

ChelseaWoolf

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

this problem like your keyboard not working properly, have you try another keyboard in your Desktop or tried the  keyboard in another decsktop if they keyboard works in another computer fine then its your usb slots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users