Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new hard drive. need help setting it up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 artash101

artash101

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

I got my hard drive and its a SATA 64 bit. my old one broke so i got a new one of the same kind. i just wanted to know how to set it up because i dont know what to do. ive asked a lot of people and they all say different things like updating bios, recovery disk, windows 7 disk, etc. if you guys have an idea of what i should do please let me know. thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

First question is does the computer recognize it? To find out when you start up continually pres F10 (on most computers) this will bring you to the boot screen. You should see you new hdd on the list. If it  does you should be able to install your OS. Installation should set it as a Bootable Master Drive. you can then make partitions to store your data on.

#3 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

Agree with kingdom. First see if the hard drive is recognized, then use your windows 7 disc to reinstall the OS. Windows will partition everything automatically for you.

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users