Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wifi Off

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 midou1994

midou1994

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:25 AM

Hi,

I have a Hp 430 Laptop.I had Windows 8 on the Laptop which was running fine.I installed windows 8.1 for  a week its was running fine but now the wifi is off am not able to turn it back on In Ubuntu the wifi works fine but its an issue with windows 8.1 I got a error after which the system required  a restart from then on the wifi is off.

I have tried System Restore. formatted and Installed a Fresh Copy but none seem to help !

Can anything be done to solve this issue... 

Midou

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

Try reinstalling the driver for the WiFi. Also make sure that you do not have it in "Airplane" mode, by left clicking on the WiFi icon, to check.

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,483 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

If the above doesn't work, did you reinstall windows 8 or 8.1? Did it work if you installed windows 8 without 8.1 or still did not work at all? Which driver did you use from hp or did you use the one windows auto installs? HP does not seem to supply drivers for windows 8 for that laptop so you might be out of luck unless there is a driver from the manufacturer of the wifi hardware's website.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#4 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

If the above doesn't work, did you reinstall windows 8 or 8.1? Did it work if you installed windows 8 without 8.1 or still did not work at all? Which driver did you use from hp or did you use the one windows auto installs? HP does not seem to supply drivers for windows 8 for that laptop so you might be out of luck unless there is a driver from the manufacturer of the wifi hardware's website.

Actually HP does. It is the Microsoft drivers from their repository, which is what is at fault 99.99% of the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users