Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help! Computer won't boot Windows

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Emptypockets

Emptypockets

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:00 AM

Hello Everyone,

I have a Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5226 that says windows failed to start and gives me the option to launch startup repair or start windows normally everytime it is powered on. After trying to go through each option a couple of times with no startup it now justs freezes when either of these two options are selected.

I have tried to reset the CMOS already and tried every option in advanced boot options including trying to boot in safe mode. It will not boot no matter what I try. I have not been able to get the ability to run check disc on the hard drive. I have not been able to get the command prompt to be able to do this.

I do not have an installation disc(of course) due to it did not come with one and it is suppose to be partitioned on the hard drive.

I don't know if I have a hardware problem or corrupt drive. It seems like the hard drive is what failed but I am not sure.

What can I do from here? How do I determine where the problem is? Can I test the hard drive without being able to boot Windows?

Thanks for you help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

I would definitely run some hardware diagnostics. Youll can go to your hard drive manufacturers website download that tool and burn it to a cd to run it on your computer. Youll have to have that done on another computer. Also its recommended you create a windows 7 installation disc if you can get one from toshiba

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users