Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My ISP is making MIT attacks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chocobodude

chocobodude

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:17 AM

Hi, im having this problem with my internet provider Megacable, when im on certain websites they put pop ups about my account and the deadline for the payment, thats isn't what worries me but the fact that they CAN do it, any tips about how to stop this? would a proxy or vpn solve this problem? if not, what could i do? additional details: they seem to do this through the address 200.52.196.215 i have already blocked this with my hosts file but there may be more servers. thanks for the help. oh right, i will be gone for 1-2 weeks due to personal matters so i will not have the opportunity to give more details about my problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:56 AM

Can you take a screenshot of this activity?

#3 Venkee

Venkee

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

For them to create popups, they would need to have some sort of toolbar or other software on the system. I suppose if you were using their DNS servers they might be able to pull off something funky like this as well, but I'm not 100% sure. A screen shot of this would be useful. I have dealt with many ISPs that like to install custom A/V, toolbars, or customer support tools on the machines that are all capable of such fallacies. Looking forward to hearing more about this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users