Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

right scroll in Google Chrome not working properly

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tobyo

tobyo

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:33 PM

does anyone know what is up with that? and a solution for it? I've been googling but have not found anything that works to fix this problem.  I have a scroll bar, however, the arrows at top and bottom are now gone so when I click in there I get a page down or up instead of a line down or up.

hoping someone knows how to fix this.

thanks in advance.

Edited by tobyo, 07 December 2013 - 11:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

oh and I'm using windows 7.

#3 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:55 AM

does anyone know of a solution to this?

#4 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

also wondering....is this a Chrome issue or is it an issue with my computer? maybe I'll post in the "am I infected?" forum too.

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

You don't say if you are using a laptop but it's a Chrome bug and the solution is at this link.

https://code.google.com/p/jquery-nicescroll/issues/detail?id=14

#6 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:16 PM

You don't say if you are using a laptop but it's a Chrome bug and the solution is at this link.

https://code.google.com/p/jquery-nicescroll/issues/detail?id=14

yes it's a laptop(Acer Aspire One netbook) but not a touchscreen version.  I saw this and did not see the solution.  what am I missing?

Edited by tobyo, 08 December 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#7 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

I am back to this. no malware was found and it's back to that the arrows have been removed in Chrome? that doesn't make sense to me since this is the only machine that is affected. my other machine and my two work laptops all have the arrows.  anyone have a solution? the above link did not help me. thanks for any help.

#8 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:14 AM

checking again to see if anyone out there knows of a solution to this.  thank you.

#9 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

checking once again. this time I'm wondering how I can get the same version of Chrome on this machine that I have on others.  my two work laptops have a version where the arrows are still there but curiously, this machine has a different version of Chrome.

barring that, I am considering uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome.  I'm thinking all my favorites will be gone.  can anyone verify that? and if that's the case, I am able to copy them to a flash drive and then recopy them once I reinstall Chrome yes?

then one other option I am considering is to reset my defaults.  does anyone know anything about that? Google Chrome forums have not been much help so I'm hoping someone here can help.

thank you.

#10 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

As long as you use the same Google account, your Chrome settings will be saved if you uninstall and reinstall. Not sure if that will solve your problem as it seems to be a Chrome bug. By this time, I would be using a different browser.

#11 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

As long as you use the same Google account, your Chrome settings will be saved if you uninstall and reinstall. Not sure if that will solve your problem as it seems to be a Chrome bug. By this time, I would be using a different browser.

I didn't need a google account to have Chrome at work so not sure this is correct. I don't like IE and I don't want to learn another browser. I like Chrome, except for on this machine  now :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users