You have TWO Anti Virus programs running.
Please Uninstall ONE of them......either Microsoft Security Essentials or Avast!
(Avast has some errors occurring.....I would probably uninstall it)
if you have any problems uninstalling Avast in the normal fashion.....go HERE
Then, set up Admin privileges.
- 1. Go to your Start menu and right-click on the My Computer icon.
- 2. Choosing Manage from the list will prompt a User Account Control (UAC).
- 3. When you have finished, the Computer Management console will appear. Expand the Local Users and Groups option with the use of the arrow next to it and select the Users folder.
- 4. Select Administrator Account and go to the Actions panel, then select More Actions.
- 5. Choose Properties to open the Administrator Properties dialogue box and untick the option labeled Account is Disabled.
- 6. When done, click OK to confirm the changes.
- 7. The administrator account should now be present on your log in-screen.
Rerun Security Check (HERE )
Post the result.
Then.....Update Java from HERE
Please uninstall old versions....they are a security risk.
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/ to your desktop.
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the finish of the installation, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. <<< most important )
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Be sure that everything is checked and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here in your next Reply
Be sure to restart the computer.
The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
(ESET will take a long time to run....2 hours is not unusual)
Please scan your computer with ESET Online Scanner
Disable active Antivirus and Antimalware programs How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virusHow To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus
This scan is best performed with Internet Explorer, as it uses ActiveX
If you will not use Internet Explorer, then please read item 3 in this post
1 - Open Internet Explorer and hold down Control (Ctrl) key and click on This Link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
2 - Click the ESET Online Scanner button.
3 - For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
a - Click on eset.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
b - Double click on the icon on your desktop.
5 - Click the Start button.
6 - Accept any security warnings from your browser.
7 - Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
8 - Click Advanced settings and select the following:
* Scan potentially unwanted applications
* Scan for potentially unsafe applications
* Enable Anti-Stealth technology
9 - ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.
10 - Please be patient as this will take some time (first time scans are always longer).
11 - When the scan completes, click List Threats
12 - Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
13 - Click the Back button and then Click the Finish button.
NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.
If you lose the log it can be found at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
If no infections are found then please tell me -
You can ignore any ESET detection of AdwCleaner...it is a false positive detection.
Condobloke ...Outback Australian
fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3 EXCLUSIVELY.
Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...
It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy