Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installed new GPU and now games load very slowly and freeze computer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kazen

Kazen

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

Hi all, I just purchased a new MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 on black friday.  After installing it I found that games that rely heavily on the GPU (e.g. Final Fantasy XIV, Crysis 3) load extremely slowly or just freeze the computer immediately.  Control usually comes back after about 5 minutes at most.  Also, I found no issues while playing less graphics intensive games, such as League of Legends or Dark Souls (however, in Dark Souls, some areas did not load texture or really anything after a little bit).  I believe that my PSU is not sufficient for my new GPU and as such, removed my new GTX 770 and reinstalled my old EVGA GTX 560ti so that I would not have any issues with power; however, once I reinstalled my 560ti the issues did not simply go away.  I am beginning to wonder if it was the PSU in the first place.  I am really not sure what to do on this one, I have searched throughout the internet for a solution, but plenty of people have my problem, but there didn't seem to be any documentation of it being fixed.  Please, any help would greatly be appreciated.  Let me know if you need any more information.

Build:

Windows 7-64 bit

CPU: i5-2320
MOBO: ASRock H61m-HVS
Video Card: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 and EVGA GTX 560 ti
RAM: 2 x 4 GB DDR3
Storage: 1 TB Hitachi 7200 Hard Drive
PSU: Coonix 600 W

Edited by Kazen, 08 December 2013 - 10:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users