Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PICTURE RESIZING SOFTWARE??

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 soimcrazy

soimcrazy

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

Anyone recommend a free and SIMPLE photo resizing software?

I've downloaded a couple that are junk.

I'm just looking to resize pictures.....thats all.

thanks !!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,841 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

Or do it online and not download anything?

http://www.picresize.com/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Trakeen

Trakeen

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

I've been using PIXresizer for years.  It will do batches and has options for doing every subfolder in a selected folder.

http://download.cnet.com/PixResizer/3000-12511_4-10607499.html

#4 craigbass76

craigbass76

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

I always like irfanview when I used windows.  It seemed to do pretty much whatever I needed.  I don't do much with images now, but I'm on Linux and I use GIMP when I need to do anything.  Sometimes it's like bringing a wrecking ball for finish carpentry (overkill), but it does what I need.

#5 sharpshooterofky

sharpshooterofky

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

For simple touchups and resizing I've use PhotoFiltre for years.   It does quite abit more if you know what to do.

I've never set down and got familiar with all the extras you can do with it.  For "big" jobs I use GIMP.

Photofiltre is available here...

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/photofiltre.html

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,058 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

Just a note it is better to get
Pixresizer  <<-- here

Edited by boopme, 13 January 2014 - 07:31 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

boopme

Thanks for the link!

#8 defanged

defanged

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

if you're willing to spend cash on this (iow, the quality of your finished image file affects your livelihood, and you can't afford to compromise on quality), I'd go with geuine fractals pro edition or (slightly less pricey) Alien Skin's Blow Up (both can be had from amazon).

SETUP, as of 4/14 - Case: Corsair 900D full tower, PSU: corsair 1200 watts, MB: ASUS rampage IV extreme, GPU(s): 3 X Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 hydro copper classified in 3-way SLI , RAM: 64 GB corsair dominator platinum DDR3, CPU: i7 3970X extreme edition @ 3.5 GHz (hexacore), OD: ASUS blu-ray RW, Cooling: EK liquid system, incl. EK waterblock, EK fittings, EK pump, resevoir, coolant misc., generic tubing, Audio: Creative sound blaster Recon3D THX PCIE Fatal1ty Champion sound card, Storage: SSD/HD: 2 X 240 GB samsung SSD (OS - win 7 pro), 1 TB caviar black, 4 TB caviar blue.

#9 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

This is my preferred image resizer: https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

"About

Image Resizer for Windows is a utility that lets you resize one or more selected image files directly from Windows Explorer by right-clicking. I created it so that modern Windows users could regain the joy they left behind with Microsoft's Image Resizer Powertoy for Windows XP."

#10 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

I've always use the FREE Faststone Photo Resizer which is also capable of batch resizing. It has a portable version that does not need to be installed or can be run from USB Flashdrive.

Here:

http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDownload.htm

cheers!

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#11 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

For quick and dirty resizing you can use Paint, free and built into Windows.  CTRL+W is the short cut and you can resize by percentage or pixels.

#12 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

For quick and dirty resizing you can use Paint, free and built into Windows.  CTRL+W is the short cut and you can resize by percentage or pixels.

I tried your tip out of curiosity and it closed my browser and took me to the Desktop.  What's up with that?  

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#13 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

Ctrl-w (Resize) if you have an image open in Paint. Ctrl-w is also a shortcut for "close window" in applications like browsers, etc.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#14 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:07 PM

Ctrl-w (Resize) if you have an image open in Paint. Ctrl-w is also a shortcut for "close window" in applications like browsers, etc.

Thanks.  Good to know. :)

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#15 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,841 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

I do believe the shortcut was intended for when the paint application is open. Not a shortcut to open the Paint application itself. As according to list of Windows 7 paint shortcuts Ctrl+W Opens the Resize and Skew dialog box.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users