Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photoshop 7.0 crashes when using selection tool/paint bucket

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MacftWin

MacftWin

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

Hi, today I've started having a really frustrating problem. Whenever I select an area that is taller than it is wide and try to fill it with the paint bucket, I receive the error message "Could not complete your request because of a program error." After that, anything I click, including the "Close" button, will pop up with that message, and after a few errors Photoshop crashes, or freezes for a few minutes, then crashes. One time, parts of the UI vanished...

Here's all the crash info from Event Viewer:
Crash 1:

Spoiler
Crash 2:

Spoiler

Crash 3:

Spoiler

I have posted all three because the event names are different; maybe there are different errors?

For reference, I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I have no idea how PS7 managed to install since I've heard the installer is 16-bit. Also, I've tried applying Windows XP SP3 compatibility settings to Photoshop, but the same exact thing happened.

I don't know if I posted this in the right forum...if this is not the right place, I apologize.
Thank you for any help you can provide in advance!  :thumbup2:

Edited by MacftWin, 07 December 2013 - 05:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users