Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to fix "This page cannot be displayed"?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bertiemae

bertiemae

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

I have windows 7 64 bit on my computer.  I have cleaned out cache and everything else that I can think of.  But at times when I click on a link like yahoo mail or my bank page, I get this notice "This page can't be displayed?.  Is there something else that I can do to fix this?  I even clicked on "Fix connection problems" when "This page can't be displayed" notice pops up.  I also use IE 11.  I tried researching for an answer but cannot find anything.  They say something about "add-ons" might be causing the problem but don't know anything about add-ons.

thanks,  granny

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,423 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

Add-ons are small bits of software that are 'added' to your basic browser to help with doing jobs you want doing.

You say you are using IE 11. Do you have a row of black print very near the top that starts 'File; Edit' and ends with 'Help' ? If you don't, press the 'Alt' key and it will magically appear !

Then click on 'Tools' ( in this line of text ) and you will get a drop-down menu appear which is divided into sections. At the bottom of the second section down, you will see a line which says 'Manage add-ons'. If you click on this, a large box will appear which lists all your add-ons. Now I don't know which add-ons you need, or want, but this is where you will find them. If you are still baffled by what you see here, post back with a list of your add-ons and we will take it from there.

There are known to be some problems with IE 11, I haven't run into any personally but then I don't use very much. It's not my default browser. It does have another feature which may help you, called 'Compatibility view' for web-sites which don't play 'nicely' with IE 11.

Again, click on 'Tools' and you will find it immediately below 'Manage add-ons'. This brings up a small box. At the top of it it says 'Add this web-site'. Type the internet address of the web-site you are having problems with into this box and click on 'Add'. The web-site will then appear in the larger box immediately below the one you typed it into.

As an example, say you bank with the 'Bank of Somewhere' whose web-site is 'Bank Somewhere.com'. Then you just type 'Bank Somewhere.com' into the top box, click 'Add', and it will appear in the larger box.

Hope this helps,

Chris Cosgrove

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

Also see Troubleshooting "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" errors
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 bertiemae

bertiemae
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

Here's is a copy of what is in the add-ons.

Attached File  add-0ns.JPG   28.69KB   0 downloads

#5 bertiemae

bertiemae
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

Quietman,

It only pertains up to IE10

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

Quietman,

It only pertains up to IE10

I thought they had updated and added IE11... I will look around some more.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,423 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

A quick google suggests that there is nothing in your add-ons of a suspicious nature. 'Discuss' and 'Research' are generated by MS Office'.

Try running Yahoo and your bank's web-site in 'Compatibility view' as I suggested above.

Chris Cosgrove

#8 bertiemae

bertiemae
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

Thanks, will give that a try and see if that solves the problem.

#9 Wildcat1000

Wildcat1000

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 21 January 2016 - 12:12 PM

If is only doing it on google or gmail,  it is so simply to fix, after trying all the internet setting and rebooting , reloading I found out the certification for google and gmail were not correct do to the cpu time,date   vs internet time,  JUST MAKE YOUR CPU TIME & DATE MATCHES THE INTERNET TIME& DATE  AND THE CERTIFACTION WILLL WORK AND PAGES WILL NOW LOAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users